13 Jul 2016

Wednesday Words [1] - Fading


FADING // written: 11.JUL.2016

something in the words that you say to me
make me feel stained and unwashed, dirty.

I know that I don’t hate you but oh I wish you knew how
the sharp and poisoned arrows that fly from your mouth
have been hitting me square in the chest for a while now
and I feel so small in the quiet corner where I crouch.

I would tell you but I have been taught to keep the silence
and the thoughts in my head scare me with their violence.

I am terribly afraid to let them out and yet
I am afraid to keep them inside my head
because they are making me bitter bit by bit
turning my once soft heart to lead.

here I hang from the tight rope I had been walking
I am holding on but I can feel that my grip is slipping
I don’t want it to but what little faith that I had left in you
is ever slowly fading, fading away into nothing.

-T.H.

---


Hey all, how are you doing?
I think I ought to explain this post, just a little. So. I have a scheduled monthly post (eg: January Days, February Days - an update on what's going on in my life) that I (apparently) struggle to stick to, but I'm not going to stop trying. And me being me, I had this great idea to add to the load. Because I really like this idea. 
The idea is to have a scheduled, weekly, poetry post every Monday or Wednesday. You see, I have poems playing out in my head like all. The. Time. And sometimes (only sometimes) I want to share them, which has led to me deciding that I'll try and post poetry weekly, perhaps even twice a week. Either in a Monday Musings post or in a Wednesday Writings post (hence the title of this post). Writing poetry often helps me relieve or relive feelings I wouldn't been able to in any other way.
Some people pay for therapy. I write.

BUT. I have had people worry about me because of the 'depth' or 'pain' in the words that I write. All of my poetry is influenced by the things, relationships and people in my life, yes. But often I mix fiction in with all of it, and if you find something I've written a little dramatic, there's no need to worry or wonder if I 'need help' or actually need therapy after all. :) I do have a lot of happy, lighthearted musings and words ready to be penned down along with the darker thoughts. That's how life is, after all, the good mixed in with the bad. The shadows falling in the places where the sun isn't shining. It's a reflection.

I will probably also include a random photo or two of mine each time that will most likely not be related to what I write. You have been warned.

I hope you have a most lovely day. Remember that sometimes having a good day is a choice. Also, please forgive all of the (really annoying, aren't they?) brackets in this post. Till next time.

13 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for more of your poetry! Your writing is so beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it, Tane! Even if this piece isn't about anything in particular in your life, I feel like, if this makes any sense, you really captured the feelings of someone who could be in the situation where they were thinking what you wrote.
    Great work!

    Sophia xx
    lantern-in-her-hand.blogspot.com
    theinkpotgirl.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make sense, and I thank you so much for your comment, Sophia!

      Delete
  3. Nice, I should get back to writing poetry like I used to but I do a lot more journaling story writing or nothing now days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do enjoy writing poetry. But keeping a journal is also a wonderful way to circulate feelings and thoughts.

      Delete
  4. "I wish you knew how the sharp and poisoned arrows that fly from your mouth have been hitting me square in the chest" This line hit me as hard as you described. There is something so wonderful about writing that is deep and dark. I am super excited to read more of your poems! I hope you have a lovely day too! What you said about it being a choice is so TRUE. Until next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed my poem. Thanks for your encouraging and sweet comment, I really really appreciate it, Vanessa.

      Delete
  5. beautiful, girl <3 i absolutely can't wait for the rest of this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely poem! And I love your blog design too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! I really appreciate your kind words.

      Delete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you