10 Jul 2016

Lean On Me

People. Lovely human beings. Unique persons. Did you know that we are supposed to be encourage-ers? That we are meant to be uplift-ers? We are meant to be there for the people that need us when they need us. We're called to live like our God, the only God, the God who wipes away tears. That means we wipe away tears. We strengthen, we don't tear down. We know how it feels to be torn down, and because we do, we use our hands to build, not destroy.

"Therefore, comfort and edify one other." [1 Thessalonians 5:11]

If you see something good in someone, don't hesitate to tell them. Ask Jesus to see them through His eyes. He's got x-ray vision when it comes to seeing the heart and knowing the person.

If someone is struggling, help them out. Give them a hand. Give them advice that is backed up by the bible. Tell them that they can lean on you so that they don't fall over.
If someone you aren't that fond of (to put it nicely) is also struggling, treat them the same. Be their friend. Be their someone when they've got no one. So many people are tired and in pain from having no one for too long.

When you next see someone hurting, don't bring them down further. Give them a hug, a smile, make them a cup of tea, make them laugh, cheer them up. Ask them what's going on and if they don't want to say, don't worry about it, just show them you care. Show them that somebody cares. Sometimes all one needs is to know somebody cares.
If they do want to talk about it, talk about it with them. Converse with them, give them words they can take to heart. Listen to them pour themselves out to you.

And when you get tired of being the person that everyone leans on, rest yourself in Christ. Hear Him tell you that you can lean on Him, because you always can. Don't forget that He never forgets you.

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." [Galatians 6:9]

Before I end this post, I wanna shout out to all those that have been a shoulder to lean on in the bad and ugly times of my life. If you're reading this, you know who you are and I just want to say, I'm grateful. Thank you for being my someone.

30 comments:

  1. This is such and amazing and lovely post! You should always be there for the people in need.

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nabila! Yes, I agree. As Jesus is always there for us, we are called to be there for others.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful, Tane. A wonderful reminder. <3 It really is hard when it's someone that you aren't super fond of, isn't it? But encouragement is so important. I'll be working on being a bit more encouraging:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I admit I find it difficult when someone who has hurt me in the past needs my help. But just to think of all that Jesus went through for us, the people who hurt Him and sinned against Him...it's often a quick attitude changer.
      Thank you for your comment. ♥

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post, Tane! Such a great reminder. Keep being the encouraging person you are xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring.

    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sevenbloggersandtheirdolls.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooohhh, yes. Such a good reminder - thank you Tane. I catch myself SO often failing in this area, of being a shoulder to lean on. Most times, it's just because I'm lazy. I don't feel like going out of my way to be kind to someone who needs it, and it can get uncomfortable sometimes. But isn't that exactly what Christ came to do, for me? God is teaching me how to be someone people can trust and lean on, little by little. Your words are an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also find myself failing in this area, all too often. But He is good, and we can rely on His strength instead of my own. I'm so happy you were encouraged by this post, Maggie! xxx

      Delete
  6. tane. my little itty bitty heart. it aches and calls out for the Lord to put love into action. to care. to sacrifice. to be a living vessel for Him. this is the hard stuff, but it is the good stuff. Christ is on our side. xx (the reminder is always appreciated.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right: this is the hard stuff, but it is the god stuff.
      Thank you so much for your comment, Cally.

      Delete
  7. wow.....this. this is such a good reminder to me. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo - and thank you for commenting on my blog Tane! <3

    Grace
    golden halcyon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet post, you really have a kind heart <3 Thank you for the reminder, so glad you posted this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is hard for me sometimes, I'll admit. I hesitate to reach out to people and I need to do it more. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for all of us. We don't always want to get involved in someone else's mess.
      Thanks for your comment, Rebecca ♥

      Delete
  11. This is such a kind reminder-- this is the reason why I strive to be a friend to people I come across, even if they just take it for granted or even if they're not necessarily people hailing from a crowd I don't usually associate with. Glad to see you back on the blogosphere, Tane!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Morning! It's great to be back. I appreciate your comment a lot.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful post. Such a great reminder :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this, Tane. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for spreading this beautiful message, Tane. It's a lesson that so many have forgotten. x
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this, very sweet and encouraging post! So glad you are blogging again by the way!:)

    ReplyDelete

hey there. I love getting comments on my blog... a lot. I want to know your thoughts, and receiving messages from my readers makes me really happy.
but please would you
be polite • be kind • use no bad words
♥♥♥
thank you